Silk Dream is the yarn. I don't believe it's aran weight, but whatever.
I used US 6 and US 8 needles for this fabulous hat.
Will knit it again.
I avoided the old fashioned looking band in favor of ribbing. Some of the hats I saw had the knitted band and they looked a bit flapper-ish. So not a look I'm going to be rocking anytime soon, thanks.
Because of the number of stitches being worked for some of the cables, there were times where I used a DPN in place of a cable needle. It did slow me down a bit, but I didn't want to take any chances because the yarn is a single. Worked out well enough in the end.
I also messed about with the row count a tiny bit. Not a lot. Just a enough to keep the hat from being too slouchy. I'm 33 22 anymore, ya know. ;^)
Did I mention I'll be knitting this one again? :D
- I tried to take modeled shots of the hat and it did. not. go. well.
- Not happy.
- As some people know, I'm rubbish at selfies.
- Love. LOVE. Love the Ravelry dramaz. It's been ages since there's been anything good but my tiny black heart does swell with joy upon reading the latest.
- My tiny black heart does not swell upon realizing that there are folks trying to be me.
- They fail, of course.
- & No, it's not a compliment.
- Trust me. I know a compliment when I see one.
- Very annoyed to discover that Etsy doesn't seem to care that I've been getting harassed by one of their sellers for the better part of ten months.
- Can't decide if I should call the seller's husband in the middle of the night and give him an earful or give her the attention she deserves. (None.)
- Have I ever mentioned that 22 is NOT divisible by 4?
- Shocking, right?
- Still having email issues.
- Still working on the next cabled project while dreaming of the one after that.
- Sort of like husbands. Think of the next one while working you way through the current. What? Doesn't everyone do it that way? ;^)
- Which reminds me...
- GOOD JEWELRY DOES NOT COME FROM THE MALL!!!
- Went to the post office yesterday to mail a check.
- Two lines across the lobby.
- Everyone was happy enough, but it was only Monday. Give them a couple of days to lose their shit. *L*
Shocked I didn't mention the fat jealous bitches? Don't be. They don't deserve our attention, either.