Did you know I wasn't dead? Yeah, I was surprised to find that out my own self. I'm sure it comes as a shock to all y'all.
- Tour de Fleece starts this Saturday! (No, I'm not ready and no, I have no idea how I'm going to balance proper football and cycling.)
- I got my hair cut the other day and canNOT believe how much gray/white there is now. I sort of love it.
- Although, not getting carded when I bought vodka last week made me a little sad. /sigh
- Blame the lack of cute hair photos on the Otter, whose job it was to take said photos. We even talked about it yesterday while at lunch. (The fact that I have a mind like a sieve had nothing to do with the lack of photos.)
- My favorite out of no where text of the week: My boobs look amazing right now!!
- A close second: Amish!!!
- Is there any question as to why I love my friends?
- While at lunch, the Otter also asked me about the fiber that I had turned into (really bad looking) batts using my Jean's drum carder (with very little supervision). (Just because I look like I know what I'm doing does not mean I actually know what I'm doing.) (Shut up, Teg.) I told her that Margene asks me about that, too, but that I hadn't taken any photos yet.
- Then she gave me that Otter Look and now I have a photo...
Bad photo of bad batts. /sigh
- The fiber came from Wild Hare Fiber Studio on Etsy. It's BFL in the colorway Seashell. This is the purchase that made me realize just how off my monitor was, btw. I wasn't prepared for the pink bits and was afraid that the yarn might stripe. As I'm pondering (maybe) a cardi out of that yarn, stripes would be bad.
- So very bad.
- If you are spinning for the Tour de Fleece on Ravelry, she has posted a couple of sale/discount sort of things in the sale/discount sort of thing thread in the main Tour de Fleece group.
- The batts are too loosey goosey because I didn't know what I was really doing until it was too late. However, I now know what I'm doing. (Shut up!)
- & I am thrilled with my new more blended fiber.
- In other news, these weird days with no proper football are killing me. I have no idea what to do because there's soccer match to watch. This is so wrong.
- Please remind me of this in a week when I'm trying to balance my life (HA!), proper footie and cycling.
- It's going to be ugly, people.