This is my red lace version of my Joan Along pink lace project.
I did 32 repeats of the main pattern before giving up. I had wanted to do 35 repeats, but it's already rather long.
And started my first ever knit-on edging.
Yes, I am using Options tips for this part of the project. I have dpns in the right size, but they are not remotely pointy and I need pointy for this.
So far good.
I read Mim's knit-on edging tutorial a couple of weeks ago and bookmarked it because that's how I roll. It really helped me to understand what I need to do in order to get a knit-on edging to work for me.
While knitting the body of this piece, I also suddenly understood what I needed to pick up when working the edging and why the slipped stitch is important on both sides. I found VLT to be less than helpful in figuring out what I needed to do. I'd like to think it's just me, but that book does have a wonderful way of annoying me at times.
Of course, the important part is that I am working on the knit-on edging and it's going well.
Truth be told, there may have been a boo-boo in there somewhere, but it was nothing that a little frogging ripping couldn't fix.
Now I need to start trying to wrap my head about working the corners. I find the pattern to slightly less than helpful and need to look in the back of VLT for answers. Or start emailing around for help.
Yeah, y'all will love that.
Oh, and I should mention that in yesterday's post, I mentioned going to school with a mohawk. I should have explained that I went to school with a guy who had a mohawk. The only thing I remember about him was the mohawk and a vivid memory of seeing it work it's way through crowded hallways. Yes, to me, he was the mohawk.
And this may explain a few things...